A national industry standard Inspection Agreement will be emailed to you for your review and electronic signature. Inspection reports cannot be released until this agreement is signed and payment has been made.
If you are attending the inspection
Although your inspection is scheduled for a specific time, we schedule your arrival for a later time because:
- Time. Your time is valuable - 3+ hours at the property vs 30-45 minutes.
- Quality. Your Inspector is able to focus on inspecting the home without distractions in order to provide the highest quality possible.
- Your Inspector will mark issues/deficiencies/concerns in the home with blue tape, and document in the home inspection report. It will not be necessary for you to take notes or pictures (unless you would like to).
- After your Inspector has completed the home inspection, he will walk the property with you to discuss the issues. During this time, he will teach you about your home - water main, HVAC filter, maintenance, etc. This is also an opportunity for you ask questions.
As a small business we would appreciate a check on-site. If you prefer, we will send you a QuickBooks invoice for you to pay online.
- Your Home Inspection Report will be sent to you within 24 hours, but generally by the next morning.
- Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Reports are sent the same day of the inspection.
- Radon Tests take 48 hours, and the results are emailed to you the day the test is picked up.
As a free service to you our concierge service will contact you to assist you in setting up your utilities - electric, water, sewage, gas, cable, internet. This service is absolutely free to you.
As an added service to our clients, we provide a list of almost exclusively local, small businesses that are highly rated. Many of the businesses we have professional and personal experience. Some of them even offer exclusive discounts for their services when you mention "Thin Line Home Inspections"! Visit Our Contractor Referrals Page
We are here for you. Please contact us anytime after your inspection with questions. We are happy to help - whether inspection related, home maintenance, remodeling, etc.