A national industry standard Inspection Agreement will be emailed to you for your review and electronic signature. Inspection reports cannot be released until this agreement is signed and payment has been made (check or Zelle would be appreciated on-site or an invoice can be emailed to you for online payment).
Please limit the number of people attending the inspection. This is not only for Covid safety, but also to to allow you and our Inspector to focus on inspecting the home in order to provide the highest quality possible.
Covid Safety/Masks: Your Inspector will wear a mask if you would like. Please ask your Inspector at the inspection.>
Wear comfortable shoes - condos take 1.5-2 hours, townhomes 2.5-3 hours and single family 3-4 hours. In addition, we will be walking the interior and exterior to review our findings and teach you about your home.
- Your Inspector will mark issues/deficiencies/concerns in the home with blue tape, and document in the home inspection report. It will not be necessary for you to take notes or pictures (unless you would like to).
- After your arrival the Inspector will walk the property with you to discuss the issues. During this time, he will teach you about your home - water main, HVAC filter, maintenance, etc. This is also an opportunity for you ask questions.
Your Inspector will document any issues/concerns in the home inspection report. Should you have any questions, please contact our office and to arrange a call with the Inspector to review.
- Your Home Inspection Report will be sent to you within 24 hours, but generally by the next morning.
- Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Reports are sent the same day of the inspection.
- Radon Tests take 48 hours, and the results are emailed to you the day the test is picked up.
As a free service to you our concierge service will contact you to assist you in setting up your utilities - electric, water, sewage, gas, cable, internet. This service is absolutely free to you.
As an added service to our clients, we provide a list of almost exclusively local, small businesses that are highly rated. Many of the businesses we have professional and personal experience. Some of them even offer exclusive discounts for their services when you mention "Thin Line Home Inspections"! Visit Our Contractor Referrals Page
We are here for you. Unlike many other home inspection companies, we offer free support as long as you own your home. Please contact us anytime after your inspection with questions. We are happy to help - whether inspection related, home maintenance, remodeling, etc.